Though a minority, there are a lot of people who struggle with gaining weight. It is a known fact that losing weight is much easier than gaining. Plus, gaining weight doesn’t necessarily mean just that; it has to be effective enough to make you feel and appear better.
The female body structure and mass muscle distribution differ from men’s. Therefore, there are certain things that women must do differently to achieve the same results—the aid of the correct exercises in building strength and giving the body structure in addition to boosting your appearance.
Other than genetics, people may struggle to gain weight for several reasons. Some possibilities may be
- Eating Habits– Not following a healthy diet is one of the leading causes of not gaining weight. If you do not eat healthily, your body does not get enough elements for proper development of your body. As a result, some people may even end up losing weight.
- Underlying Medical Conditions– Some medical conditions hinder the body from gaining weight or cause rapid weight loss due to high metabolic activities. These could make it difficult for people to gain weight even if they put in a lot of effort.
- Side Effects of Treatment or Medication– A common reason people lose weight quickly or have trouble gaining the lost weight. Consulting your doctor regarding an alternative may be a good solution.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease– A group of diseases marked by intestinal inflammation is called “inflammatory bowel disease” (IBD). Certain factors may restrict the kinds and quantities of food a person can eat. They might also produce persistent diarrhea, sometimes leading to weight loss.
Some lifestyle adjustments may help if you’re having difficulties gaining weight to offer yourself the best chance of gaining a healthy weight. Number one should be incorporating exercise into your daily routine.
5 Simple Exercises For Women To Gain Weight At Home
If you have no time to hit the gym during your busy day, easy at-home exercises can help kickstart your journey to gain healthy weight. Take your yoga mat and get started!
Squats are one of the most basic but effective exercises to gain weight and tone your body at home. The lower body muscles can benefit from this exercise by becoming stronger and bigger.
It also aids in strengthening your core. You may strengthen your butt and leg muscles by doing squats regularly. Your abs, hamstrings, glutes, calves, and quadriceps are affected as you squat.
How To Do Squats Properly:
- Your legs should be shoulder-width apart when you stand.
- Try lowering yourself as far as you can by pushing your hips back (as if you were sitting on an invisible chair)
- Switch positions and repeat the process.
- Try doing 4 to 5 sets of 6 to 8 reps with moderately heavy weights to build muscle.
When getting into the squat position, avoid bending your knees, keep your back straight and avoid slouching.
2. Push Ups
The best exercise for strengthening your upper body and core is pushing ups.
Push-Ups target the muscles in your chest, shoulders, triceps, and the wing muscles beneath your armpit.
How To Do Proper Push-Ups:
- On your stomach, lie down.
- With your elbows bent and shoulder-width apart, place your hands on the ground with your palms facing down and your elbows bent.
- Set your toes firmly down.
- Orient your back, feet, and legs.
- Lift your body slowly off the ground using your hands. Make a full arm extension. Your hands and toes should be supporting your entire body off the ground.
- Bending your elbows will help you slowly lower your body. Except for your hands and toes, you shouldn’t let any part of your body touch the ground.
- Perform 15 repetitions or as many as you can comfortably manage.
Use push-up handles to perform this exercise if you have wrist pain or limited wrist flexibility. If lifting your body off the ground is difficult, do not strain your knees unnecessarily.
Like squats, lunges help build and tone your hip and leg muscles. It’s one of the best methods for gaining weight. You can add weights or other lunge variations to make the exercise harder.
How To Do Lunges:
- Your feet should align with your hips when standing erect.
- Step forward with your left foot while contracting your abdominal muscles, take a deep breath, and kneel until your right knee is perpendicular to the floor.
- Lift your body back to the beginning posture by applying pressure on your heel.
- Repeat 20 times on each side.
Exercise while holding weights for the best results. Make sure your entire body is balanced; don’t slouch. Start light and gradually add weight until you feel comfortable on both sides.
You’re probably right to believe crunches can help you reduce abdominal fat. But first, allow me to educate you on something! In addition to giving you a stronger core and lean muscle mass, crunches make your abdomen look more appealing.
How To Do Crunches:
- Lie flat on a carpet or your yoga mat with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Breathe as you cross your arms over your chest and tighten your abdominal muscles.
- Exhale and raise your upper body while keeping your head and neck at a comfortable angle.
- By taking a breath, go back to the beginning.
- Repeat three sets of 10 to 12 reps.
Start gently; avoid jerky, quick motions that could injure you. Do not raise your body while lifting your head. If you have any lower back discomfort, stop.
Burpees are not only challenging but also excellent for a full-body workout. Burpees focus on the entire body. This workout targets the glutes, abdomen, quadriceps, hamstrings, chest, and arms.
How To Do Burpees Properly:
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart as you stand.
- Your fingertips should be on the ground as you squat down.
- Your hands should be on the ground. Onto your hands, shift your weight.
- After kicking the legs from behind, bring your chest to the ground.
- Replace your hands with your feet and stand back up into a squat.
- With your feet shoulder-width apart, jump straight up.
- Repeat the entire procedure a few times.
You need to warm up properly since burpees exert a lot of pressure on your ankles, knees, and wrists. Maintain a firm core. Remind yourself to breathe.
Even after performing all of these exercises, it’s possible that you may not gain weight. A healthy diet is equally crucial for weight gain. It might even be more crucial than exercise, according to some. So make sure you’re eating healthy while exercising regularly.
Some food items that can help you gain weight are milk, dried fruit, eggs, rice, meat, potatoes, and oats. These are rich in nutrients and essential elements like protein, calcium, and good calories. Incorporating these into your daily diet can help you gain weight with exercise.
Male and female bodies are different in mass distribution and body composition. As a result, there are specific things that women must do differently to get the same effects, such as using the right workouts to help them gain strength and give their body structure in addition to improving their attractiveness.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best exercise for women to gain weight at home?
Without question, the best exercise for gaining weight is the squat. The lower body muscles can benefit from this activity by becoming stronger and more prominent. It also aids in strengthening your core. By performing this workout, you may strengthen the muscles in your butt and leg regions.
2. What fruit promotes weight gain?
Dates, prunes, apricots, figs, sultanas, currants, and raisins are just a few examples of dried fruits that have more calories than their fresh counterparts, making them excellent choices for healthy weight gain.
Stephanie Ferland is an ex-gym trainer whose goal is to help people to achieve their desired fit body by doing effective exercises. She is also the founder of FitGirl Nation and a corporate wellness expert who’s crafted some of the world’s most popular workouts. With just nine and a half years of experience as a professional fitness trainer, Stephanie is often called a “Fit Celebrity.” Meet Stephanie and find out the 3 reasons why she never misses a workout!