Textured skin is the trouble and worry for most women. But with modern innovation, textured skin is a thing of the past.
The reason behind textured skin is usually a buildup of dead skin. Exfoliating is an option, but it takes time to work. Plus, sometimes you need a quick fix to even out the skin, and that is where Foundation comes in.
There are many foundations, but these all come with their fair share of lackings. Not all foundation covers your skin the same way.
Some work better without scars, while others work better with filling up the pores. Then there are a few that covers
I have compiled a list of the best foundation for textured skin I used over the years and mentioned all the FORs and AGAINSTs in short, so you don’t have to go through pillar sized reviews:
What Does Textured Skin Look Like?
According to my domaine, the definition of a textured skin is “skin texture is the condition of the surface of your skin. Ideally, the skin is smooth, soft, and supple, but it can be uneven or dull due to dry skin, blemishes, loss of collagen from aging, sun damage, or lack of exfoliation.”
Having textured skin is a bit like having combination skin, except instead of oily and dry parts of the face, you will have blemishes, or collagen loss, or even sun damage, which will make the overall skin of the face uneven.
It’s a condition which can be managed through a clean change in lifestyle.
How to Get Better Skin?
No matter what it is that you want to improve in yourself, you will need to bring about a few changes to your lifestyle.
May it be to get a better, healthier body and live life by the calories and sweat, or to get better skin and start implementing a clean diet for every day, a rigid training ritual, less partying or at least less drinking, and enough sleep.
So here are a few things you can try to help better the condition of your textured skin:
- Always Exfoliate
- Never leave without sunblock
- Chemical Peel
- Use the best anti-aging products for textured skin, no way around it.
- Consider meditation and yoga- “A Healthy Mind = A Healthier Body”
- Never let water or anything cover your face when you’re sweating or about to.
- For quick emergency fixes, keep your makeup kit with you at all times.
- Consume less sugar and spice and gobble up on veggies.
- Take your Vitamins, mostly Vitamin C, D, E, and K.
5 Best Foundation for Textured Skin
|Foundation||Coverage||Shades||Skin Type||SPF||Price Button|
|Bella Terra BB Cream 3-in-1||Medium Coverage||6||All||15||Check Price|
|Dermablend Cover Creme Foundation||Medium Coverage||21||Dry Skin||30||Check Price|
|Estee Lauder Double Wear||Full Coverage||55||Oily Skin||–||Check Price|
|BECCA Ultimate||Full Coverage||19||Oily Skin||–||Check Price|
|Tarte Amazonian Clay||Medium Coverage||40||All||15||Check Price|
1. Bella Terra BB Cream 3-in-1 Tinted Moisturizer
A majority of the foundations don’t come with the right skincare components. Especially when it comes to skincare for textured skin.
There shouldn’t be any drugstore foundation for textured skin. PERIOD.
So, I have put in one that does come with just the right balance.
The Bella Terra 3-in-1 BB cream does not only conceal blemishes, dark circles, wrinkles, and moisturizes but fights aging through proper care of your skin.
It projects a very natural look that will get you through the day. Another great thing about Bella Terra BB cream is that it is very light on the skin, so you don’t have to worry about carrying around that congested feel on your face. You can vary the density of the concealer however you want to.
This foundation’s formula comes with the essential skincare ingredients to invigorate your face after heavy use of the foundation by incorporating high-quality minerals- mica, zinc, and magnesium.
This natural, mineral-based BB cream comes with no added parabens, alcohol, preservatives, talc, or chemicals that usually leave your skin harsh and textured after long hours.
This fantastic foundation comes with SPF 15 protection, so you can expect the complexion of your face to get better over time.
Bella Terra cosmetics are always dependable and the brand will find itself in a lot of quality cosmetics list.
- Natural, mineral-based formula.
- Lasts long.
- Customizable as per need.
- Can conceal scars & blemishes.
- SPF 15.
- Come in 6 shades.
- The design of the pump is inefficiently designed and can squirt out quite a bit.
2. Dermablend Cover Crème Foundation
The Dermablend Cover Creme Foundation gives you one of those one-shade-fits-all kinds of the deal while maintaining a natural look. Other brands offer more shades, but the shades that come with this particular foundation are all designed for all the different skin tones.
The Cover Creme Foundation line just underwent new formulation and new packaging. You open the tab into a smooth, creamy texture with no scent.
In my opinion, the coverage is medium to full at best, but it’s dense enough to get you through the day’s events with a full matte finish.
Another plus point of this beauty product is that it’s approved by dermatologists. So you don’t have to worry about any unexpected rashes or acne popping out.
- A heavy-duty foundation that conceals bruises, birthmarks, and textured skin alike.
- 21 shades for a wide spectrum of skin tones
- Smudge and transfer-resistant up to 16 hours.
- SPF 30
- Not cakey
- Maximum Coverage
- All-day hydration
- Free of Parabens, Triclosan, Phthalates, and Sodium lauryl sulfate.
- Dermatologist Approved
- Not a good base concealer.
- It starts cracking when kept on for a prolonged period.
- Runs off with minimal sweat.
- Contrary to popular demand, the former formula is better for most.
3. Estee Lauder Double Wear
A common issue for most dewy foundation users is the lack of shade that blends well with the right skin tone.
With Estee Lauder’s Double wear stay-in-place foundation, you can rest assured that whatever your skin complexion may be, this Estee Lauder foundation can match the right shade for you.
The foundation itself is so light that it almost looks natural, and you won’t even be able to tell that it lasts for long hours. Thank god for science!
If this isn’t the best textured skin makeup, then it undoubtedly is one of the best. The same applies to most Estee Lauder makeup out there.
Completely evens out the uneven texture of your face like baby skin.
So, you don’t have to worry about them annoying blemishes, acne, and pimple ruining your day.
This Double Wear foundation is completely oil-free, so if you have an oily face, then this is the right pick for you.
Another great thing about this foundation is that its waterproof formula will get you through hot, sweaty summer days with ease.
- Over 55 Shades.
- Waterproof Formula.
- 24-hour coverage.
- Natural Looking.
- Complains of the foundation being cakey.
- Some customers ranted about the sun protection factor deteriorating.
4. BECCA Ultimate Coverage 24 Hour Foundation
Becca Ultimate Coverage foundation has its fair share of hype among the users and on the internet as well.
A plus side of this particular foundation is that it won’t give you that cakey look that often comes with most ‘Full Coverage’ foundations.
If you are a victim of oily skin, then BECCA Ultimate Coverage is an excellent foundation for you, as it comes with a ‘microfine powder, which absorbs oil from your face and helps you retain the mint of your face.
This is how Becca cosmetics are engineered to provide extra value to stand out from the competition. You can say goodbye to your shiny forehead reflection.
- Come in 19 shades.
- High Customer Satisfaction.
- The pump mechanism of the bottle is top-notch.
- Bit pricey.
- Doesn’t cover ALL skin tones.
- It needs to be implemented with a moisturizing agent or gets too dry.
5. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full Coverage Foundation
The Tarte Amazonian Clay is my personal favorite in the list, and I’m currently using this. It comes with great skincare properties that help fight off acne-prone skin.
The unique clay comes abundant in Vitamin E, which is like an organic preservative and is considerably thick, and is waterproof.
So when you couple this ‘mud from mother nature’ with a full coverage foundation, you can expect great things. It comes free of gluten, paraben, mineral oil, and sodium lauryl sulfate. It’s practically vegan grade.
Even though the product markets itself as a full coverage makeup, it’s more mid coverage in the sense that you need more ‘finger work’ to set it right.
Still, this matte finish foundation will definitely get you through the day with ease.
- Amazonian clay naturally heals and balances skin over time.
- Medium coverage can be built up according to the user’s needs.
- It comes in 40 different shades.
- Compatible with all skin types, especially aging skin.
- Effectively prevents the breakout.
- More content in 1 bottle than in most foundations.
- Dermatologist Approved.
- SPF 15
- Not Full Coverage like the brand boasts.
How to Choose A Good Foundation
Choosing a good foundation can be very tricky, due to the availability of so many options. If you choose a wrong one, not only it will ruin your makeup, but also it might be harmful for your skin.
Here are the things to consider while choosing a good foundation:
- You must check the key ingredients of a foundation before purchasing to make sure you don’t choose one that contains something too sensitive to your skin.
- Though some of the newer brands are quite exceptional, it is your best bet to choose foundations from reputed brands.
- To get the best out of your makeup, your foundation should match well with your skin tone.
- If it takes too much effort to get rid of the foundation once the need for your makeup is over, it is not worth it. Choose one that comes off easily.
- And lastly, the price is an important factor. Check reviews before purchasing a product, instead of buying expensive ones thinking it is destined to be good.
What are some of the common mistakes to avoid?
I have enlisted some of the basic mistakes I used to make in the hopes of making something out of my experience.
The best foundation for uneven skin texture alone will not cut it. The product is never the solution, but the way you apply it.
- DON’T forget: Excess of anything is almost always bad
- Anyone with a warm skin tone should reconsider
- ALWAYS pick the right shade
- Never forget your hairline
- Foundation should match your neck
- Make sure you’re using the right tools
- Don’t apply a primer for textured skin before your foundation
- Not maintaining your hygiene
- Make sure the formulation of the foundation is compatible with your skin.
- Be wary of any counter-reactive ingredient.
- First comes the concealer and then the foundation if you got marks and spots on your face.
- Look out for any ingredients you may be allergic to.
There is no BEST foundation in the market, just different shades, and consistency for different skin types, so depending on what your needs are, you pick the one that blends best with your skin. Hence, the reason behind all the PROs and CONs list.
Moreover, you should ask yourself how to get rid of textured skin without cosmetics, as depending on chemicals should not be the only option for anything.
If you personally don’t agree with this list of the best foundation for textured skin or stumble upon better alternatives, do share your thoughts with the rest of us in the comments below.