Think you don’t need a fitness tracker if you’re only using a stationary bike? Think again! Even if you’re just pedaling at a leisurely pace, a fitness tracker can help keep you on track with your fitness goals.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
There’s no need to be bored at the gym anymore! These days, there are so many fun and innovative fitness trackers on the market that can help you stay on track while you work out. If you’re a stationary bike enthusiast, then you’ll definitely want to check out some of the best fitness trackers for stationary bikes.
Fitness trackers have changed the workout experience for many individuals. Here, we will discuss the 5 best fitness trackers for stationary bikes.
Best Fitness Tracker for Stationary Bike
We have researched 50 different fitness trackers available in the market, and these 5 products stood out to us and are the best devices to use if you use stationary bikes for working out.
Let’s discuss the features of these products.
Amazfit Band 5 Activity Fitness Tracker
- Built-in Amazon Alexa
- Long-lasting battery life
- Slim fit tracker belt
- 11 built-in sports mode
Amazfit Band 5 fitness tracker has a 4.2-star rating (out of 5) on Amazon and is a great device to track your progress with stationary bikes. This device is available in 4 different colors with a curved 1.1-inch display.
The most notable feature of this device is the built-in Amazon Alexa to allow you to control all the features hands-free and much more. You can connect this device with your smartphone via BlueTooth connection to receive texts, calls, emails and check your social media. If you lead a busy life, this device can help you organize your day and remind you of tasks with a silent alarm.
This device tracks your blood oxygen saturation to understand your physical state. Additionally, Amazfit Band 5 features BioTracker TM2 PPG optical sensor to measure heart rate and track sleep 24/7 in real-time.
Also, there are 11 built-in sports modes to understand the kind of exercise you are doing and track data like speed, distance, calories burned, heart rate changes, and other necessary workout data.
Women can track their menstrual cycle with this device and can receive important notifications and reminders.
- Longer battery life
- Hands-free control ability with Amazon Alexa
- Tracks a wide range of vitality data
- The display can be too small for some individuals
- Some users complained that some data might need to be tracked manually for accuracy
Fitbit Charge 5
- Daily readiness score feature
- Daily stress management score
- Real-time pace and distance tracking
- 24/7 heart rate tracking
- Active Zone Minutes to guide intensity level
- Customized fitbit indoor cycling
Fitbit Charge 5 has a 4.4- star rating (out of 5) on Amazon and is an exceptional device to track your fitness routine. This device features a daily readiness score to alarm if your body is ready to exercise and a daily stress management score to determine your body’s response to stress.
This device is equipped with sensors to track your heart rate, SpO2, skin temperature variation, and much more. Your real-time distance and pace can be tracked with this device without connecting to your phone. The built-in GPS can record these data and generate a workout route in the Fitbit App.
This device comes in 3 different colors and gives you a 7-day battery backup. The colorful display allows you to see data without any problem, even bright sunlight.
- Premium Design
- Heart-rate monitoring that lasts 24/7
- ECG approved by the FDA
- The ability to detect irregular heart rates
- Stress monitoring
- Silent alarms
- Sleep tracking
- Waterproof to a depth of about 50 meters
- ECG feature was not operational at the time of its launch
Fitbit Luxe Fitness and Wellness Tracker
- Fashionable design
- 50 m water resistance
- Heart-rate and sleep monitor
- Smartphone connectivity enabled
If you want to have a fashionable fitness tracker, Fitbit Luxe is the perfect one for you. This device is available in 4 different colors with comfortable bands.
Like other Fitbit devices, this device can track your heart rate, burnt calories, and monitor your sleep with the Fitbit app. Whenever you reach your target heart rate, this device will buzz to signal your achievement.
This device gives you 5 days of battery backup. You can connect this device with your phone to see real-time distance and pace in this device.
- Accurate heart rate monitor
- Tracks step even if the hand is still (perfect for a stationary bike)
- Visible display in sunlight
- Very comfortable belt
- Display is small
- Some users complained about buggy software
MorePro Fitness Activity Tracker
- Heart rate and sleep monitor
- All-day activity tracker
- Built-in USB charger
MorePro Fitness Activity tracker has a 3.8-star rating on Amazon (out of 5) and is very convenient to use while exercising on a stationary bike. This device can track your heart rate, sleep pattern, blood oxygen saturation to keep you healthy. Stay motivated with your cycling goals with this stationary bike distance tracker.
This device records steps, burnt calories, distance, and many other activities. You mau=y find quite accurate vitality data even when exercising on a bike.
There is a built-in USB plug to allow you to charge the device conveniently. With light use, you can use the device for 7 days after charging once.
- The device fits perfectly and comfortably
- Swimming proof
- Great customer service
- The charging can be a bit problematic
- Some users complained about connectivity
Fitbit Charge 4 Fitness and Activity Tracker
- 20+ goal-based exercise mode
- 50 m water resistance
- Longer battery life
- 24/7 heart rate tracking
Whether you’re a cycling enthusiast or just starting out, tracking your stationary bike workouts on your Fitbit Charge 4 can be a great way to measure your progress and stay motivated. In this article, we’ll show you how to track a stationary bike workout on your Charge 4.
Fitbit Charge 4 has a 4.4-star rating out of 5 on Amazon. This device is equipped with sensors to track your heart rate, SpO2, skin temperature variation, and much more. The built-in GPS can record these data and generate a workout route in the Fitbit App.
Active Zone Minutes gives you a buzz whenever you reach the target heart rate zone. This device can track your vitality data 24/7, especially heart rate and sleep monitor.
20+ goal-based exercise models allow you to track your fitness data for different exercises. The battery may give you 7 days backup after one charge.
- Best for both indoor and outdoor use
- Very well designed
- User-friendly interface
- Allows you to stream music
- Health-tracking features
- Automatic detection of activity
- Activity modes that are based on specific goals
- Fitbit Pay
- Battery life of up to 7 days
- Leans on the expensive side of things
- Grayscale display
- Is not able to store music
Buying Guide: Things to Consider Before Buying the Best Fitness Tracker for Stationary Bike
Your fitness trackers need to be appropriate for the fitness routine you follow. Otherwise, it may not give you comfort and appropriate data that you need,
When you are using a stationary bike in your workout routine, you will need to make sure that this device gives you the best user experience. Here is a list of features that you will need to look for when purchasing your fitness tracker for a stationary bike.
- Comfortable Belt: Before purchasing a fitness tracker, make sure that the belt of your tracker is comfortable. Most fitness trackers are meant to be worn on the wrist like watches. Also, stationary bikes need to be held with your wrist. Therefore, if the belt is uncomfortable, it can impact the overall workout experience.
- Measure Heart-rate and Calorie Count: The primary function of fitness trackers is to measure heart rate and calorie burn after a workout routine. So, it is crucial to buy a fitness tracker that can accurately measure the elevated heart rate and burnt calories while on the stationary bike. Otherwise, the fitness tracker won’t be appropriate while working out with stationary bikes.
- Water Resistance: Exercising with a stationary bike can cause a person to sweat. If the fitness tracker is not water-resistant, the device can get damaged due to sweating. Therefore, it is important to have a water-resistant fitness tracker.
- Workout Modes: Workout modes in the fitness tracker allow the device to detect the kind of exercise the user is performing. Therefore, you can customize the difficulty level and have the exact vitality data from the device. This mode will allow you to accurately calculate heart rate, oxygen saturation in blood, burnt calories, and other vitality data.
- Smartphone Connectivity: Checking out smartphones during exercising can disrupt your exercise routine. To avoid such cases, fitness trackers with smartphone connectivity can be very helpful. Most fitness trackers nowadays come with smartphone connectivity capabilities. This allows you to receive important calls and texts, listen to music, change tracks, and much more without disrupting your fitness routine.
Fitness trackers can customize your workout experience to give you vital information and correctly perform your workout. However, not all fitness trackers are suitable for your unique workout routine.
If your workout routine revolves around a stationary bike, any of the above-mentioned devices can give you the best comfort and vitality data. Make sure to look for their features and have the best device align with your workout routine.
Stephanie Ferland is an ex-gym trainer whose goal is to help people to achieve their desired fit body by doing effective exercises. She is also the founder of FitGirl Nation and a corporate wellness expert who’s crafted some of the world’s most popular workouts. With just nine and a half years of experience as a professional fitness trainer, Stephanie is often called a “Fit Celebrity.” Meet Stephanie and find out the 3 reasons why she never misses a workout!