Desk attachments for the treadmill allow you to keep working while exercising on your treadmill. According to a report in the Washington Post, an average adult in the USA sits on their computer for around 6.5 hours per day.
As there are a lot of desk attachments for treadmills to choose from, it can be difficult for you to determine which one will work best for you. Here we have made a list of 5 of the best desk attachments for treadmills that you can choose from-
- HumanCentric Treadmill Desk Attachment
- DigitalArts WS Classic Plus
- SurfShelf Treadmill Desk
- VIVO Universal Laptop Treadmill Desk
- SmartFitness Treadmill Laptop Holder
Best Desk Attachments for Treadmills
|Check Latest Price|
|Check Latest Price|
|Check Latest Price|
|Check Latest Price|
|Check Latest Price|
Let’s have a deeper look at these desk attachments that you can get for your treadmill.
1. HumanCentric Treadmill Desk Attachment
You’ll be able to use your laptop, iPad, tablet, etc., easily while exercising with this treadmill desk setup. The HumanCentric Treadmill Desk Attachment has a premium rubber-made surface that will ensure the safety of your devices and keep them from falling. It is really easy to install with your treadmill, and it can be removed easily, too, when you want to change the walking desk function to have a proper workout. It is sturdy but just light enough to be easily movable. However, it doesn’t work with treadmills with handles that have 33-inches apart inside edges.
- Premium rubber-made grip surface
- Has velcro straps for securing the desk attachment to the treadmill
- Simple Design
- Fast and convenient installation process
- Enough width to provide you with sufficient workspace
- Universal Design
- Strong enough to hold heavy devices easily
2. DigitalArts WS Classic Plus
The DigitalArts VS Classic Plus can be a great choice for your treadmill desk attachment, as you can use it easily at your office or your home if you are working remotely. This desk attachment is incredibly strong and comes with long straps for an easy installation process to fit most treadmills. It is lightweight, and you can detach it easily from your treadmill. You can use this comfortably to place your work or entertainment devices while exercising, as it adds a nice amount of space with your treadmill.
- It comes with modifiable extension panels
- It can be used to place a 17-inch laptop
- Easily holds a phone or a tab
- It comes with two pen trays on both sides
- Handlebar clamps with straps that work with slanted handlebars
- Easy to Install and Use
- Great design
- Easily detachable
- Comes with Tips and Instructions
3. SurfShelf Treadmill Desk
The SurfShelf Treadmill Desk isn’t made for treadmills only; you’ll be able to use it with bikes and elliptical machines too. This outstanding desk attachment for treadmills comes in an elegant glass body. The glass is really strong, as it’s made from the same material as bulletproof glasses. It is highly versatile and will help you merge your work and exercise flawlessly.
- Made of string 100% Polycarbonate Material
- Has velcro strap to hold your device properly
- Works well with laptops, iPads, tabs, etc.
- Easy to install
- Tough and durable design
- It comes with velcro straps for attaching it to the treadmill strongly
- Elegant glass body
- Conveniently customizable features
4. VIVO Universal Laptop Treadmill Desk
The VIVO Universal Laptop Treadmill Desk is one of the most durable desk attachment options for treadmills out there. It has a really strong frame that can easily hold up to 8.8 pounds of weight without any incline. VIVO Universal comes with a 20-degree swivel that’s flexible. It also supports full 360 swings with a mount movable center pole. This desk attachment is so versatile that it has taken multi-tasking to a different level. It has an innovative design that easily fits most treadmills out there easily. You will be able to get all your work done conveniently while exercising.
- Strong Steel Build
- It comes with a telescopic support bar for customizing the width stand of the desk to fit the handlebars.
- Its tray features a 20-degree swivel, +1o to -10 degree tilt, and 360-degree rotation.
- Easy installation process
- Safe and durable desk attachment
- Universal design
- Great value for money
5. SmartFitness Treadmill Laptop Holder
If you’re looking for the best under desk treadmills has to offer, you can’t go wrong with the SmartFitness Universal. This Laptop Holder can be used easily with any kind of treadmill out there. It is lightweight but has a muscular build. It’s made of beautiful bamboo wood. This desk attachment beautifully blends a walking workstation and running treadmill into a single unit. You will be able to finish all your tasks easily while doing your exercises with this thoughtfully designed desk attachment or treadmill workstation.
- Height adjustable design
- It can be expanded to 36 inches from 21.5 inches
- Velcro straps for secure attachment
- Slots for holding gadgets
- Raised and vented adjustable platform for holding gadgets at a comfortable height
- It has a side drawer.
- Folding Options for convenient storage and transportation
- A manual with detailed instructions are provided
Why Need a Desk Attachment to Treadmill
These days, office workers spend most of their time sitting to keep on with their professional lives, which greatly affects their physical health. For people who use laptops or tablets a lot regularly, a great option is to use a desk attachment to treadmill to reverse the marks of an inactive lifestyle. It will help them exercise and remain active even when working on their gadgets.
You might want to know about the best desk attachments for treadmills you can find out there. We have made a list of the best such products that you can go for after conducting thorough market research, and we will talk about those products throughout this article.
If you just use a treadmill, you won’t be able to work on your laptop and exercise simultaneously. That’s why you need a laptop desk attachment for treadmill.
Things to Consider While Buying Desk Attachments for Treadmill
A good quality treadmill is the most important item that you have to consider when you want to buy a treadmill desk. So, here are some important things that you must consider while buying a treadmill desk.
Make sure that your treadmill desk attachment height is easily adjustable and can be adjusted conveniently to your preferred height. The height of the treadmill is one of the major things to consider while buying a treadmill desk. Consider the following factors when choosing the right height of your treadmill:
- On the lower end, the feet are not well-protected from falling on the floor when walking on the treadmill.
- On the higher end, feet do not get enough room to walk when using the treadmill desk.
- To keep your feet in a safer position, look for options that are built with anti-slip rubber feet.
- When choosing a good height, it is important to choose a good length of your treadmill.
- At the same time, ensure that the device is balanced in the middle to avoid leaning in one direction while walking on it.
- The treadmill with this feature has rubber mats that offer protection from any damage.
These units bear the most weight in front of the treadmill but are relatively lightweight when you think about how much force they can handle. This allows you to increase the speed, or decrease the speed. Here are some weights you need to consider for each machine:
This one requires your desk to be slightly elevated or your treadmill to be placed on a desk in front of it. You should be careful to pick a weight capacity that does not put too much pressure on the front edges of the treadmill when you’re walking in place on it.
Treadmill bottom lift
These are the attachments that come directly under the treadmill that lift the entire platform and will push the weight away from the runner’s feet. You can use these if you’re lifting weights or lifting your luggage onto the treadmill, but you’ll want to consider if your desk allows for this option.
When you’re running on a normal treadmill, there will be an inner cushion of the platform that will move with you as you run. An elbow pad keeps the cushion from moving, but also helps the inner platform cushion stay in place.
Consider the dimensions of the treadmill. This will help you determine how much you need to add to the legs of your device. Ideally, the longest possible legs should measure 12.5 inches. You will want a larger version of the treadmill so you can fit a rider.
Features are one of the most important things you need to look for while choosing a proper desk attachment for your treadmill. There are features such as slots, side drawers, versatility, durability, safety, machines it can be used with, etc. See which features suit you prefer for your desk attachment, and make sure that your chosen treadmill desk attachment comes with those.
Look for a good warranty deal provided by the manufacturer while getting a treadmill desk attachment.
Some of the more expensive treadmills have one-piece adjustable handles. If you are looking for something that is a bit cheaper, it is best to opt for treadmills with adjustable handles. This allows you to better grasp how much weight you are putting on the treadmill, and adjust accordingly. Even better try running without holding on to sidebars gives you much breathing and burns calories faster.
- There are treadmills out there with an adjustable weight strap. This is something that has been a staple for people for quite some time. They can still use the weight strap on a treadmill with a more expensive price tag. This is one of the main things that may slightly influence the price of your treadmill.
- You need to decide on the handle that you want to use to adjust your speed and incline. Most of the time, treadmills with interchangeable handles have a standard one-piece adjustable handle, so you might want to buy one of these to save a little bit of money.
To sum up, there are some very important things to consider when buying a treadmill. Some treadmills are more expensive but offer more features than a more basic treadmill. If you want to save some money and get the best treadmill workout with something that is portable and adjustable, then there are some treadmills out there that are worth buying.
Treadmill desk attachments can be handy if you are looking forward to an opportunity to exercise while you are going on with your usual tasks. This doesn’t only let you be physically active; it also helps improve your physical fitness. You need to look for versatile and durable products while buying a desk attachment for your treadmill and the ones that come with a good number of features. All the treadmill desk attachments of the abovementioned list come with excellent features, convenient usage, easy installation, and enough versatility and durability. So, you can choose one easily from this list and use it with your treadmill conveniently.
Stephanie Ferland is an ex-gym trainer whose goal is to help people to achieve their desired fit body by doing effective exercises. She is also the founder of FitGirl Nation and a corporate wellness expert who’s crafted some of the world’s most popular workouts. With just nine and a half years of experience as a professional fitness trainer, Stephanie is often called a “Fit Celebrity.” Meet Stephanie and find out the 3 reasons why she never misses a workout!