The current situation taught everyone the importance of immunity. Exercise helps to increase your metabolism. Similarly, the right food will help you boost your resilience. You might be susceptible to cold, flu, or other sorts of infections. But the good news is that you can avoid them and reduce their possibilities with a proper diet.
As per research and studies, primarily the elderly or those with pre-existing chronic diseases are prone to severe infections. However, if you are healthy, then the impact of the virus or infections tends to be moderate or mild.
Your body’s immune system strengthens and develops with proper care. You need to nurture yourself with nutrients through all the stages of your life. To begin with, you need to prepare a healthy grocery list that is adequate for both non-vegetarian and vegetarian meal plans.
Your body is different from any of your acquaintances. Hence, when it comes to food intake and understanding what works for you, you need to be aware of the nutritional contents you plan to consume.
Here, we will try to include a few resistance-boosting foods that can help irradicate your vulnerability to ailments to a greater extent.
7 Immunity-boosting Foods that should be in Your Diet
- Red Bell Pepper: It is an excellent source of vitamin C. It contains almost 3 times more Vit-C than a Florida Orange. Vitamin C, apart from managing your immunity, also helps you to maintain healthy skin. Further, it also includes a considerable amount of beta carotene. It gets converted to vitamin A in your body. Beta carotene helps to keep your eyes healthy along with your skin. It is also an anti-inflammatory substance that allows antibodies to respond to the toxins. You can add red bell pepper to your diet on every alternative day if you want.
- Ginger: Ginger is already known as a great ingredient to fight sickness or cold. It helps to decrease inflammation that can reduce illnesses and sore throat. You can even get relief from nausea by adding ginger to your meal. Other than these, it is also effective in decreasing chronic pain, and it contains cholesterol-lowering characteristics that keep your heart healthy. Although it is used in preparing several desserts, it possesses some heat in the form of gingerol. This gingerol makes it more like capsaicin, which is responsible for the pungency in capsicum. You can include ginger in your tea or even any of your dishes to make it not only tastier but also tangier and healthier.
- Yogurt: It is rich in Vitamin D, but it also depends on the brand you pick to get the most benefits. Vit-D regulates your gut and boosts the natural defense of your body against viruses or infections. It fights actively with harmful bacteria and produces good bacteria. However, make sure that you have your yogurt as it is. Don’t opt for those flavored ones and those filled with sugar. If you feel like making it more interesting, you can add something natural. You can add few drops of honey or healthy fruits to sweeten it a bit.
- Broccoli: Green vegetables are always the first thing that comes to your mind when you think about good health and a muscular physique. Broccoli is one such food that intends to strengthen your body from the inside. It is rich in essential minerals and vitamins like E, C, and A. The list doesn’t end here; it also includes various antioxidants and fibers that make it the healthiest. Fibers help to keep your intestine clean and active. The best way to keep the nutrients intact in this vegetable is to prepare it as little as you can. The most appropriate method is to consume it steamed. With this technique, you can gain the natural nutritional benefits of the vegetable.
- Garlic: Early civilizations have mentioned its combatant abilities against infections. In the current world, you can find garlic in almost all existing kitchens. It undoubtedly enhances the flavor of your food; along with that, it also makes your food healthier. It slows down the hardening of your arteries. Studies also found that garlic can help lower blood pressure. Its immune-boosting characteristic seems to come from a massive concentration of allicin. This allicin is a sulfur-holding compound that stimulates cells to regulate your system and fight germs. It helps in the production of T-cells and also reduces stress hormones.
- Papaya: Like several fruits, especially citrus fruits, papayas are fully loaded with Vitamin C properties. Single papaya tends to provide Vit-C that is twice in amount as your daily requirement. It also contains a digestive enzyme known as papain, which has anti-inflammatory benefits. This fruit has a decent amount of folate, potassium, and magnesium. All these are also advantageous for your overall health. The reason why you should have papaya regularly is that it increases white blood cell development. It is the key reason which makes you stronger from inside and makes you capable enough to fight impurities.
- Sunflower Seeds: Seeds are principally suitable for your health and must have a place in your regular meal plan. Sunflower seeds are one of the most effective options that can help you stay internally active. These seeds are full of nutrients like Vit-E, B-6, magnesium, and phosphorous. It is also unbelievably rich in selenium. You can have around one ounce of sunflower seeds to keep yourself healthy. It helps in the formation of red blood cells and maintains the lymphatic system. Recent studies also show that it has the potential to defeat viral infections like swine flu.
It is essential to take care of your internal system, just like your external beauty. You can include the above-mentioned healthy immune-booster foods in your diet without any hesitation. Remember, healthy eating is not only a matter of choice, but it is a way of leaving. The healthful you eat, the better you become and evolve.
It is important to enjoy your meal, which can be done with healthy food choices. You don’t need to torture yourself with something that is not tasty just because others are doing it. Hence, eat happily and live happily!
What's Your Reaction?
Melissa Weimer is a nutrition expert who has helped thousands of peoples to create a healthy diet for weight loss and to maintain a good health.